We believe that the animal members of your family deserve the level of care you’d expect for yourself, which is why we’re actively advocating the best for animals and their people. We’re here to get your pet on their feet sooner with the best facilities and highest quality staff.
You can rest assured that we will be available in your hour of need. For your peace of mind, we provide a 24 hour emergency service.
We are perfectly positioned with our Cooma and Jindabyne Animal Hospitals covering the entire Snowy mountain region. Between Canberra and Cooma we’ve got the region covered, so relax with the knowledge that we’ll look after your pet no matter where you are in the Snowy Mountains and Monaro.
Our compassionate team look forward to giving both you and your pet the care and communication that you both deserve.
Servicing the region for over 30 years.
Now known as Snowy Vets. Our mission is – Advocating the best for animals and their people. Providing our services from both our Cooma and Jindabyne facility with our staff rotating between the two clinics.
Our purpose built Cooma Clinic (R C Mesley Hospital) is recognised as an ASAVA Accredited Hospital of Excellence. We are equipped with a full complement of equipment for diagnosis and surgery of most small animal problems to help you and your pet.
Snowy Mountains Veterinary Group was founded in its current form, in July 2007. SMVG is the Pty Ltd company name of the business that controls the Cooma and Jindabyne Animal Hospitals. Prior to 2007, these were known as the Baron St Veterinary Clinic, and the Jindabyne Veterinary Clinic. The Baron St clinic had been running since the 1970’s, while the Jindabyne clinic was established in November 2004. In 2014, our new clinic in Cooma was opened, and we made the move from Baron St. The RC Mesley Animal Hospital incorporates top quality facilities and sustainable design principles to provide an earthy, natural and caring atmosphere for staff.
Mike Mesley is the principle of SnowyVets. He graduated in 2001, and has completed further training in Practice Management, Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
Snowy Vets upholds a reputation of providing a very high level of care to their patients and exceeding the expectations of their owners, providing holistic care in both a philosophical, and medicinal sense. With a strong dedication to advocating the very best, only vets and nurses equipped with exceptionally high standards of care, with a conviction to practice them, are employed at SnowyVets.
Compassion, Communication and Care
Our values….We hold Animal Welfare in the highest regard and we are here to care for you and your pet in your time of need. You can be sure that we will listen when you talk and take responsibility for our actions and communication with you.
- Your pet’s physical and emotional well-being are in good hands as we provide the best care that we are capable of. We are professionals and we will treat your pet accordingly.
- You will know that you and your pet are receiving real and lasting value from our services, and that our standard of care goes above and beyond.
- We will always show empathy and compassion to you and your pet. We love animals as much as you do.
Working as a team, we provide exceptional Client Care.
- We will give you reasons to trust us.
- We are grateful to have you as our client, you are special and important to us.
Amongst our team, we foster our Well-Being and that of others.
- This means that you will have happy and supported people looking after your pet.
- We encourage each other to learn, improve and excel in what we do. We always look for ways to improve our service and our care.
- We are thankful to have the opportunity to look after your pet.
Meet the team