Caring for your Livestock
Since the Monaro and Snowy Mountains were first settled by graziers in the early 1800’s, it has been a not-so-well-kept secret that the sparse looking landscape of the region can produce some surprisingly sweet and nutritious pasture, and therefore some of the best fleece sheep and beef cattle the country has to offer.
The region has produced some famous and influential stockmen and graziers, and the tradition of mustering on horseback in this rugged mountain region is also part of local, as well as Australian, folklore.
We aim to be an integral part of the management resources of graziers in the region, and to provide services that pay dividends for managers both financially and in terms of best practice husbandry and animal welfare.
We provide veterinary care to the region’s horde of beef cattle and sheep, as well as to less common livestock such as alpacas, goats and more.
- Routine Examinations and Consultations
- Vaccinations and Wellness Checks
- Microchipping and Identification Examination
- Parasite Prevention Programs
- End-of-Life Care
- Emergency Services including Obstetrics, Trauma
- In-House State-of-the-Art Laboratory Equipment including Blood Testing and Cytology
- Nutritional Advice
- Herd Health Examinations and Advice
- Bull and Ram Pre-Sale Veterinary Examinations
- Ovine & Bovine Johnes Disease, Ovine Brucellosis Accreditation
- Cattle Pregnancy Testing including Tail Tagging Accreditation
- Well-Stocked Pharmacy and Dispensary
- 24 hour Emergency Service, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year